Most things you need to edit are standard WordPress procedure. Anything you need to know about that can be found in Xponent On-line-manual. See links at the bottom of this page.
When it comes to pictures: Always try to use large pictures, at least 1400 pixels wide. WordPress will handle pictures for you. If you need a smaller picture, WordPress makes copies in a few different sizes. You can read here how pictures works in WordPress »
How to publish news
Start with choosing ”Inlägg > Skapa nytt”
A new post opens…
- Fill in the headline
- To have two rows of icons click ”Verktygsrad på/av”. This is useful so you have all the tools you need active.
- Enter text and add pictures here.
- Select/upload a ”Utvald bild” (minimum size is 1000 pixels wide, landscape oriented)
- Now you are ready to publish.
Below you see how a post looks like before publishing
And below how it appears on dansstudio.nu
How to edit ”Våra danslärare”
The page ”Våra danslärare” uses a page builder feature called Accordion. This makes it easy to have a lot of information on a single page, since every teacher has a kind of popup that reveals their info.
- Open the editor for the page ”Våra danlärare”
- Click on the link ”Editera” for the Livemesh Accordion
- Scroll down to the bottom and make a copy of the last teacher to edit (see pic 1)
- Edit the name and info text, add a new picture and close the new teachers accordion (see pic 2)
- Now move it to its place in the list by dragging it (see pic 3)
- Click on ”Färdig” in the bottom right corner
- Now publish the updated page by clicking on the ”Publicera” button top right
How to translate from swedish to english
The translition system works as any page not yet translated is shown in the default language (swedish).
- You start by clicking on ”Translate Site” in the top admin menu.
2. This opens up a new tab with the translation tool on your left and the site on your right.
3. Now use the site to navigate to the page you want to translate.
4. Now you use the menu to set the language you want to translate to.
5. Look up the section, the sentence or the word you want to translate. Click on the pen-icon.
6. By clicking on the pen-icon the field ”From Svenska” will have the original text. Now you write the translation in the field ”To English (UK)” and when done you click save. Any typo you make can be corrected by clicking on the pen-icon again and fix the spelling, finish by saving again.
7. Done. Now you can translate the next text on the page.
8. Remember that if you make any changes to a page you must check the translation again. Any section changed in swedish will show up in swedish on a translated page.
- Publishing a new post (Nyhet) – manual.xponent.se/generell-wordpress-manual/att-skapa-ett-inlagg
- Menu handling – manual.xponent.se/generell-wordpress-manual/menyhanteringen
- How to write on the web – manual.xponent.se/generell-wordpress-manual/att-skriva-sokmotoroptimerat